Thursday, April 17, 2008

Getting Closer!


This is the most updated picture of our house. It is supposed to be ready by May 1st, (Do I hear moving volunteers? :) So we are getting pretty excited. The counters and cabinets are all in. The lighting is up, the light switches are all in and in working order. And most of the flooring is in. We are just waiting on carpet, plumbing fixtures, and the interior doors to be installed. They are all on site, they are just waiting to be installed.
I love my house. Today, Shane brought home a few of our appliances and I sat in the middle of the kitchen floor reading the cookbook that came with the microwave. Now, most of you who know me, know I WOULD NEVER COOK SOMETHING IN THE MICROWAVE! But, this is a convection microwave. I couldn't believe what I was reading. This bad boy doesn't just reheat your coffee. No sir. It browns, bakes, roasts, toasts and reheats your coffee. Anyways, I'll let you know how my first pie in the microwave turns out. Although I think this is just a little unconventinal. I was just so glad to actually be sitting in an almost finished house. I am one blessed woman! We go there everyday when Shane gets home from work to see what's new. The kids' bedrooms are all painted and picked out. We have most of our furniture "placed". It's pretty exciting.
One of the criteria (we had quite a long list of wants)we had when we were looking for a home was that it either had to have a front porch or the potential for one. And as you can see, my honey made my dream come true. Isn't he great? The kids are just waiting on thier dog. And, for those of you who are asking our home is on the Graham/Eatonville border.
And by the way, Tyler's bird didn't make it. He let it go after a few days, and when we went back to the house where we let it loose, it was dead. Tyler buried it, and he told me he "said a few words".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shannon!!
How exciting!! You are a blessed woman, you do your houseband good all the days of your life. Your home is sweet and count us in for move in day.
Love you,
Kelley

Alecia said...

Hip Hip Hooray!! It's looking good - I can't wait to see it! You're getting close to that move-in date, I'm so excited for you guys!

BTW - I'm 30 weeks tomorrow, and I swear next time I blink I'll be in labor. I will call you soon - I'd love to get the families together!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon!
Great news about your house! I'm sorry to hear about Tyler's bird. I'm glad he buried it and said a few words. I hope he keeps that sensitivity! I encouraged David to go ahead and cry when we buried our beloved Pesky who died shortly after Em's birth! He was tearing up and I assured him that it was ok to cry no matter how old he was. He did....at 13...I think my son is so amazing~he is tenderhearted to God and to people! Wonderful traits in what God has called him to be! I know how it feels to sit in a brand new home almost finished! I laugh, tho, b/c I assure you that the furniture will get changed around at least once after you've moved in!!! lol! Isn't it fun to see your dream realized before your very eyes?! God blesses us soooooo abundantly w/o strings attached...just the way He is!
love,
s

Alecia said...

So, did you move it? I've been checking your blog, anxiously awaiting some new pics....let's see it sister!!

White Family said...

Hello.....(hello. hello. hello.)

Anybody there .....(there. there. there.)

Get your butt on here and post....(butt. butt. butt.)

Don't ask me why butt was the echo on that. Face it, it's a funny word.

Now post!