Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh, My Dearest Blog,
Can you ever forgive me for waiting so long to come back to you? I know that I haven't been here since April, but I thought of you all the time. I knew that I should have at least called or visited my own personal space on the web, but other things have caught my eye. Like the sun, for instance. It is just so beautiful. It's warmth and sunshine just call to me. I like to sit out on my front porch and read to my children, or visit one of my sisters. And, twice it burned me so I learned my lesson. Don't leave your blog abandoned to play with fire.
But, other things have called to me. For instance, my home. It's just so ...new. And, so much more fun than you. It lets me roam. And, I can come and go as I please. It doesn't make me feel like I am being unfaithful. It just fills my heart in ways that you don't.
Then there is my family. You know the ones. The ones that actually return my love. I can cuddle and snuggle and talk to them. But, you just sit there. They give me reason for living. You just take, take, and take. You say give me more. You are nothing but empty space waiting to be filled. But, my family and I fill each other. I talk, they talk. I laugh, they laugh. If I laugh with you, you just sit there. You never get my jokes. You don't even act like you like my singing. My kids at least laugh and make up new lyrics with me.
My friends all tell me that I should return to you. But, what do they know? If they knew me at all they would know why there aren't any pictures. They only want one thing, and if you know anything about me, you know what that is. If they were good, true, real friends, they would call, write, email, or text. And say, "Hey! Can I/we come over?" To which I would reply, "Of course! I would love for you to come over! Come stay the night. I even have a spare room for you out of towners." Then they would come over and it would be great. Oh, but wait, Blog! What if their waiting for an invitation? Well, just in case they are, I will invite them right now! So, if you are reading this, Call me, email, write, ot text, and let's get together! You are hereby officially invited to come over. I will supply everything. Drinks, food, dessert, and my children are great entertainment. They have me rolling all the time. Some of you could bring your new baby. I haven't even met her. Or him. I wouldn't know since I have yet to lay eyes on him/her in the flesh.
Well Blog, I should go. No, I can't stay. Other things are calling me. But, I will be back. I don't know when. But, look for me. I will return.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shannon,
I sure hope I didn't cause this blog!!! I just love reading about your wonderful family. Your writing was very funny and never no never allow "him"(your blog) control you....He sounds like the Walgreen's flyer it tells me to get to the nearest Walgreen's so I don't miss the best deals. I need to learn to talk to him the way you talk to your blog!!
Love the Smith Family,
Kelley

White Family said...

Fine.....Be that way....
Maybe I will go on strike and tell my blog where to go.... maybe that will leave YOU feeling lost and abandoned, wondering what MY family is doing! How would you like that?! :)

You leave me no choice.....

email me your number....*sigh* I will get off my butt in front of my computer and call you....

Jenni said...

Shannon you are so funny! I wish we could take you up on that nice offer of yours, one day! Your house looks absolutely beautiful, would love to see pics of the inside :) But, I know, it all takes time and I totally understand. Enjoy that new home, and those beautiful children! Blessings!

Alecia said...

Dear Shannon's Blog,

Wow, that was quite the tongue lashing you just got! There, there....don't worry, Shannon still loves you. She's just really excited about her new house. She'll come back to you when the newness wears off....and after she calls me back. Then she'll have time for you again. I'll let you know when she calls me, and fill you in on the latest.

Love,
Alecia

The adventure continues... said...

I didn't even know you had created a new blog. I would have tagged you for sure! (see my blog if you are a bit confused) I hope you kids are feeling better.